Sunday, January 25, 2015

Nairobi

I awoke this morning to the melodic sounds of tropical birds ushering in a new day.
I made it to Nairobi last night. I'm staying at The Methodist Guest House where they love Project Education South Sudan.
In fact, they practically revere the organization. As many of you know, this is where our friend and brother, Daniel Majok Gai and his wife and nine month old baby, escaped to when they fled South Sudan last year due to the fighting.
They love Daniel ... and Carol... PESS and now they are taking good care of me! 


All of the luggage it made is here, which is a God send on many different levels.
My flight out of Newark was delayed due to a mechanical problem (glad they checked!)
So, I had about two minutes to make my connecting flight in Zurich.
But the pilot flew fast (can you get a speeding ticket in the air?) and.... my connecting gate at the Zurich airport was just two gates away! Thank God!

It was great to sleep in a bed and not have to fly in a plane for a while ;-)
The weather is nice and cool now in fact it feels as though it may rain today.

Next stop: Juba, South Sudan. Early tomorrow/Friday morning, Phillips, a dear friend of PESS, will drive me to Kenyatta Airport where I get to negotiate the luggage overage charges ;-)

Now, off to study the training manual!

- Tamara

No comments:

Post a Comment