Anti-malaria pills - Check!
Head lamp - Check!
Jungle Juice (serious mosquito repellent) - Check! Check!
Must be time for another incredible trip to South Sudan. This time for Project Education South Sudan.
I'm so excited to work with my dear friend and bother, Daniel Majok Gai, in Jonglei to implement the PESS HIV/AIDS Youth Leadership Program.
Tonight, I'm packing for what will be my 7th (or is it 8th trip) to South Sudan. This may be one of my most important assignments ever! A three month endeavor. The PESS HIV/AIDS Youth Leadership Program's goals are to improve the knowledge of young people and teachers in South Sudan about hygiene, maintenance and the use of sanitary pads, biology and HIV transmission.
South Sudan is the world's newest country and the young people there are eager to lead their country on multiple levels. Healthy bodies is one of the best places to start!
And I'm thrilled to be part of a program that will help young people and teachers develop their leadership skills!
Check out my blogs as I keep you posted on this "Journey of Hope 2015."
Lots more work to do before I leave!
No comments:
Post a Comment